The Sorcerer, Ghost Valley

The Sorcerer, Ghost Valley

Thursday 27 February 2014

Kandersteg today

We left Cogne and headed over to Kandersteg in Switzerland today.

When we arrived in Kandersteg, I immediately  spotted a great looking free standing pillar high on the mountain side. I hadn't seen the pillar formed there before and it looked in condition - so up we hiked!!

We found this beautiful free standing pillar

Great climbing on very thin, steep and fragile ice.

Jerry enjoying the steep climbing and working hard to find good secure axe placements in the steep, hollow and fragile ice.

Unfortunately Colin, our chief photographer today was last up, so I only this photo of him topping out on the pillar - next time Colin!

A great adventure, with some good steep and technical climbing. 
I'm not sure if the route's been done before? I couldn't find any abseil tat and it doesn't look like you can walk off the route easily - I'll do some research.........

Safe climbing
Ade

 

No comments:

Post a Comment